Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wall patteren haftone???

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
goodjp
645 Views, 10 Replies

wall patteren haftone???

I have a enlarge detail of a concrete pier, the pattern shows up way to dark. Is there a way to make the pattern halftone while leaving the edges of the pier dark?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
lzaras1
in reply to: goodjp

yes.

In the Visibility Graphics for your view, select the line item of the object you want to change (I'm not sure if you're asking about a Wall or a Column) ...

If the object is cut, Override... the Cut Pattern and change the color to a grey (we use RGB 128-128-128)

Actually, we found that we prefer ALL our concrete patterns to be the lighter RGB 128-128-128, so we changed it directly in the Materials. 

In RST2013: Manage Tab > Settings Panel > Materials > (chose the material you wish to change the cut pattern of) > click the edit tool if the Material Editor did not automatically pop up > scroll to the bottom of the Material Editor dialog box > Cut Pattern change to color RGB 128 128 128.

In RST2012: Manage Tab > Settings Panel > Materials > (choose the material you wish to change the cut pattern of) > in the Graphics Tab, for the Cut Pattern, click on the color swatch and change it there.

Leanne Zaras, CDT, LEED AP
AutoCAD 2010 Certified Professional
Revit Architecture 2012 Certified Professional

Message 3 of 11
goodjp

I

Message 4 of 11
goodjp

O.k. I did that directly in the material settings, but nothing chaged on my pier detail?

Message 5 of 11
5kings

Is hour view in hidden style or in shaded? The changes thst you made should be visible in a hidden view style. 

Regards, Jordi

Message 6 of 11
goodjp
in reply to: 5kings

What do you mean hidden style or shaded?

Message 7 of 11
5kings

The view style of your view... To the lower left of your screen. You see there some buttons . Choose the second one. The that contains wireframe, hidden, shaded etc etc.  

Message 8 of 11
lzaras1

Is your pier made out of the same material as the one you changed/updated?  Sometimes, especially if the members are being imported from 3rd-party analysis programs, the "material" may not be the same as what you were expecting.  There are a lot of "Concrete" materials, each different in it's own way.  There's Concrete, Concrete - cast-in-place, Concrete 3ksi, Concrete Lightweight, Concrete Normal Weight, Concrete Precast, ... You may need to change the Cut Pattern color in ALL of them, but definitely for all of the ones that you are using.

Message 9 of 11
goodjp
in reply to: lzaras1

They are the same material, let me give this another try in a little bit and I will get back to you, thanks for helping :^)

Message 10 of 11
lzaras1

are you sure you're looking at a "cut" member and not the "surface" of a member?  You can change the Surface Pattern, too.

Message 11 of 11
goodjp
in reply to: lzaras1

I think it is a surface pattern, I assumed I could change it the same way?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report