Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewport Labels are Blank

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
bradenfelix
1047 Views, 6 Replies

Viewport Labels are Blank

I'm new to Revit, so I'm struggling with some viewport issues. I've done six other projects and the vieport labels show up just fine, but on this project, I can't get the viewport labels to show at all. All I see is blank lines where the labels should be attached. I'm sure there is a simple fix for this, but I can't figure it out with all the forums out there. See the attached picture. 

Thanks

Braden Felix
Staff Engineer
Caldwell Richards Sorensen
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
gregamhale
in reply to: bradenfelix

Select the viewport and change the viewport type you are using. If you don't have other types created, then duplicate the one you have and edit the type properties, which you will be able to display the view title, scale, etc...
Message 3 of 7
bradenfelix
in reply to: gregamhale

This is all I see when  I bring up the type properties. The only type offered is what is shown, being the "structural plan." Are there any more suggestions for what this could be?

Braden Felix
Staff Engineer
Message 4 of 7
gregamhale

Open a sheet view.  Within the sheet view, select the viewport.  You should then see your viewport properties in the properties palette.  The viewport type can then be change by selecting the type selector.  See attached image.

Message 5 of 7
bradenfelix

There aren't other types I can use and I can't make one that shows the title. In the window under title, it shows "none" and there are no other options. It makes me wonder if there is a setting for the project as a whole that doesn't allow it to be shown. See the picture. Thanks so much for your help.

Braden Felix
Staff Engineer
Message 6 of 7
gregamhale

My guess is that the viewport titles were purged from the project.  You can either create a new viewport title family and load it into the project or transfer viewport titles from another project.  I would suggest transferring them.

To transfer them from another project, follow these directions;

1) Open your project you want the viewport title loaded into

2) Open the project you want the viewport title transferred from

3) Switch back to your first project, then select the Manage Tab and "Transfer Project Standards"

4) Deselect all standards except for Viewport Types and select OK

5) Viewport types will now be transferred to your project and you should be able to select them from the type selector as directed previously

I hope that resolves your issue.  See attached image.

Message 7 of 7
bradenfelix
in reply to: gregamhale

That's it! WOW! Thanks so much for your help on that. I never would have gotten that. Thanks again!
Braden Felix
Staff Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report