Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Range - Foundation Plans

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
caddaccolyte
5405 Views, 12 Replies

View Range - Foundation Plans

How do I display elements that are above my cut plane? I have a foundation plan that needs to show foundation walls, wall footings, isolated footings and columns. The top of wall footings are at -2'-8" the top of isolated footings are at -8". The bottom of foundation walls are at -2'-8" the top of foundation walls are at -8". The bottom of the columns are at -8". How do I set my view range so that it shows the foundation walls in section but also shows my columns?

Thank you
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
JACMD08
in reply to: caddaccolyte

at what elevation is your cut plane set?
yo need to set your bottom range at least -3'-0" and your view depth at the same elevation or lower
Message 3 of 13
caddaccolyte

That is the essence of my problem. If I set the cut plane at -1'-0" then my foundation wall shows correctly (in section) but my columns don't display. If I set the cut plane at 0'-0" then the columns show but the foundation wall is in projection (no material hatch). Is there a way I can set my cut plane at -1'-0" and show the column graphics from above the cut plane?

thanks
Message 4 of 13
JACMD08

I think your cut plane should be set at +1'-0"
Message 5 of 13
caddaccolyte

Ok, thanks. How then do I apply the material hatch to my foundation wall? When the cut plane passes through the wall it will show a cross hatch for masonry and a stippled hatch for concrete. When the cut plane is set at +1'-0" then the foundation wall shows as projection (no hatch).
Message 6 of 13
cae
Enthusiast

please post pictures
Message 7 of 13
Ian_Bryant

Hi,
try the paint comand
Regards Ian
Message 8 of 13
JACMD08

The only thing I can think of is doing a plan region around your wall and changing the cut plane there.
Message 9 of 13
caddaccolyte

Here is a screen shot... Does anybody know what the Column Symbolic Offset controls?

This shows the cut plane at -1'-0". The walls show correctly, but the columns above are not displayed.
Message 10 of 13
caddaccolyte

Here is an other screen shot... Does anybody know what the Column Symbolic Offset controls?

This shows the cut plane at +1'-0". The columns show correctly but the walls do not.
Message 11 of 13
caddaccolyte

Thank you, I was able to get the plan region to work but it seems like quite a bit of extra work.. I would imagine this is a common issue in structural models. Do you know what the Column Symbolic Offset controls?
Message 12 of 13
JACMD08

No, I don't know, sorry.
I have a question. If the top of your wall is at -8" that means that your top of slab is at 0'-0" so to me it means that you would have a turn down slab so yo wouldn't see the hatch in your wall all you would see is a hidden line below the slab. if this si not correct please let me know, can you cut a section?
Message 13 of 13
caddaccolyte

I have attached a section through the column/pier. The foundation wall is 12" cmu and then at -0'-8" it transitions to 8" cmu to create a 4" brick shelf. The bottom of the column (top of pier) is at -0'-8". The slab would have a thickened edge, 8" thick.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report