Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vertical bracing / True north problem ???

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
cundall
374 Views, 2 Replies

vertical bracing / True north problem ???

Hi, i have found an annoying problem / error in revit which i have no idea how to solve, I model vertical bracing the correct way by using a framing elevation then using the bracing tool to model my vertical bracing.

The problem occurs in a plan view, my detail level is set to course and  the vertical bracing shows up has a dash line offset from the grid line which is correct. The problem I get is when I rotate my model from project north to true north (from the manage tab, rotate to true north command)  the vertical bracing goes back on grid line and I want it to be show offset from grid.

please view the attachments to have a better idea what i mean

Has anybody else had this problem and know how to rectify it ?

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
alan.quinn
in reply to: cundall

Unfortunately this a know issue our development team is working on. The only work a round I can think of would be to add another annotation line that does not fall under the Grid. Sorry for any inconvenience that this is causing and thank you for posting.

Message 3 of 3
BasamYousif
in reply to: alan.quinn

I'm using Revit 2013 - and Vertical B is misbehaving. I'm not using true/proj north, but I'm using a scope box to rotate my sheet view. The same bahavior. Any workarounds, anyone ? Short of "faking a drafted line ? I HATE to fake things, but it seems I don't have much of a choice in this matter.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report