Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uniformat via Project Parameters

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
stgauss
266 Views, 0 Replies

Uniformat via Project Parameters

Hello,

I'm trying to find a way to solve two problems, both probably have the same solution. I need to add a code field to all elements, in order to input a uniformat code. And, I need a "level" field to input what floor the element belongs to. In the end the objective is to be able to group elements consistently by level and uniformat codes.

Unfortunately, the built-in level field that Revit 2014 has doesn't always work. For example on walls the level field stores no information. So if I have a multi-category schedule, my walls won't have any level information. 

So, the solution I've found is to use project parameters. I created a Uniformat Code parameter, and a FloorLevel parameter. Then I simply mass select, filter, and assign the necessary properties. It seems to work, so far.

Is this the best way to solve this problem, or is there a less complicated/more effective solution for adding uniformat and level information to a model?

Tags (2)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report