Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create Beam to CIP Wall Connection

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
stahci
733 Views, 5 Replies

Unable to create Beam to CIP Wall Connection

I would like to detail in a 3d connection (steel plate and all) of a Beam to a concrete wall. I have the " Steel Connections" extension from Autodesk and it is missing this ability. Is there anyway to create this connection?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
AJA14
in reply to: stahci

You could either create a callout, and use detailing to get what you need, or you would create a drafting view and do it as you would in autocad, using 2d drafting. Still waiting on Autodesk to improve this area.

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 3 of 6
stahci

So there is no way to model this connection three dimensionally? Has anyone ran into this situation and found an extension, plugin or work around?

Message 4 of 6
AJA14

to do it as a 3D model element, you would have to export to ASD or TEKLA, do the connections theri, and import them back to revit. I haven't personally done that, but I know people who have used tekla for this, and I went to an Autodesk seminar and asked this question and his answer was to use ASD (Autocad Structural Detailing).

Ali Al-Hammoud
Message 5 of 6
stahci
in reply to: AJA14

Thanks AJA14, I tried to use ASD yesterday to create this connection but ran into many problems ( first time using it was  most likely the main problem). Do you know if when you import the ASD connection into Revit does it show up as a 3d object or is it a 2d cad file? Also I am assuming it does not have any information that can be attached to the object if so.

Message 6 of 6
AJA14

Hi. anything you export to ASD or TEKLA will come back in 3D. However, another option would be to buy SDS/2 connect and use it. It is an add-in for revit but it is expensive (1500 dollars). However, it is available for free trial for 30 days. I suggest you install and try it and it may be what you're looking for. Regards.

Ali Al-Hammoud

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report