Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

type selector problem

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
naeem77
415 Views, 3 Replies

type selector problem

Hi All

I have just started learning revit from tutorial. while exercising tutorial i came accross a problem which is as follows . 

doing exercise of Changing Structural Member Types.

the tutorial says that to select the column  and click Select All Instances and then go into the Type Selector  and select  HSS-round  Hollow Structual Column :HSS20 X .05. 

But when I clicked on Type Selector  the above mentioned column was not there. 

But when i opened another training file the above mentioned column was there. that means it was in library but not loaded in the file.

My question is how to load different types of columns or other building elements in the the file 

Thank You

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
gguevarra
in reply to: naeem77

Hopefully this helps you out... When you are in the Structural Column tool, there is a button on the right side of the ribbon menu called "Load Family." If you click this, you will enter a dialogue box where you can search for a new family to load into the Revit file. From here, it depends on where you keep your Revit families... Another way to bring in new elements is the "Load Family" tool in the Insert tab.

Message 3 of 4
gguevarra

Hopefully this helps you out... When you are in the Structural Column tool, there is a button on the right side of the ribbon menu called "Load Family." If you click this, you will enter a dialogue box where you can search for a new family to load into the Revit file. From here, it depends on where you keep your Revit families... Another way to bring in new elements is the "Load Family" tool in the Insert tab.

Message 4 of 4
DParkRMAK

There are a couple of different ways to load a family. In this case sticking with the tutorial, with the columns selected, select the edit type button. The type properties window should appear. Select Load and browse to structural columns / steel and select HSS-Round Hollow Structural Section-Column.rfa.

You should get a list of sizes to choose from. Select the one you want and hit OK.

All the selected columns should change to the newly loaded column.

Dave

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report