Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to Create "Bent" shear plate for Beam!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
PAULRYMAL7709
1022 Views, 2 Replies

Trying to Create "Bent" shear plate for Beam!

Hi! Having a heck of a time trying to create a simple Shear Plate for beam connections. I am finding that Revit works fine for any elements that are 90 degs to each other, but when you start going on a angle it is very difficult to create & constrain very simple Geometry. I have spent many hours over the last week trying to figure this out. There is absolutely nothing on any webiste I could find on this. I am tempted to give up in trying to sketch anything in Revit & just create in Inventor or Solidworks and import into Revit. I've tried linking to Autocad Structural Detailing but its the same situation anything that is off a straight 90 angle does not seem to meet the criteria for a Structural connection. Trying to load this  connecting plate family into the project & constrain is also a nightmare. Everythng wants to move only at right angles to each other "NO Angled" constraining available. Could someone please advise me or point me in a proper direction so I don't have to spend anymore time on this. My client is going to want these connections shortly! Using Revit Ultimate 2014

Thanks

Paul Rymal

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
awes
in reply to: PAULRYMAL7709

Make a plate based on face based generic model. Insert bolt holes using voids. Insert plate using web as face, use align to fit the plate against the web of the other beam.

Message 3 of 3
PAULRYMAL7709
in reply to: awes

Thanks AWES! Appreciate the time here. However this only touches my issue. It seems like there is nobody here that has a resolution or fix for my problem. I am currently in touch with Autodesk via Taping the problem with the application & Geometry involved. This case can be closed now

Regards

Paul

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report