Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Title view w/ rotating north arrow - not in properties?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
JillMarsano5345
1745 Views, 4 Replies

Title view w/ rotating north arrow - not in properties?

S.O.S.

I am attempting to create a view title family that includes a north arrow that can rotate by an angle typed into the properties box. I have created a view title family that has all the appropriate parameters for rotation ... the problem is I cannot use the rotation function when the view title is inserted into a project.

Am I attempting the impossible, or am I missing some important steps here.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: JillMarsano5345

Hello, and welcome to the Discussion Groups!

Yep - impossible. Since the View Tag is actually embedded within the Viewport, the best you can do is to create separate Viewport Types; one for each rotation angle, which is assigned a dedicated Family Type of the View Title Tag (the rotation would have to be controlled by Type Parameters). This is not a practical solutions, but I don't believe that there is any intelligent way to accomplish this.

Try searching the Revit Architecture board to see if anyone has come up with any clever methods or work-arounds.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
JillMarsano5345
in reply to: CoreyDaun

CADastrophe -

Thats what I thought. I guess I will just have a north arrow symbol that I manually rotate on the sheet.

Revit needs to loosen up on having everything so systematic. Trying to update my firms symbols, etc. has been a real headache.

Thank you for the quick responce.

Message 4 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: JillMarsano5345

Yes, Revit users will pretty frequently run into such issues and limitations. When you do, I suggest using the following link (which is frequently provided by Autodesk Support personnel here) to submit your feedback. When doing so, try to be detailed and specific, and provide examples if possible.

Autodesk Product Support

The following link is setup for you to submit feature requests, or feedback, directly to our Development group:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 5

I surely will. I love Revit, but at the same time have a lot of ideas for it.

Thanks for the help!

Patrick Hanley
CAD Technician
Aldrich + Elliott, PC
WATER RESOURCE ENGINEERS
6 Market Place, Suite 2
Essex Junction, VT 05452
Tel. 802.879.7733 x108
Fax 802.879.1742
e-mail: phanley@aeengineers.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report