Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The better way to present revit model

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
macz_chung
1665 Views, 7 Replies

The better way to present revit model

Hello everyone , My company come with Building desgin suite standard .I would like to ask any idea or exprience present the revit modle to contractor at the meeting?

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
subhra_civil
in reply to: macz_chung

Hi,

You can give better presentation to your contractors by using Autodest Naviswork. This software is related with Revit. You can convert your complete Revit File (.rvt file) to Navis file (.nwc file). After that you will able to append those .nwc files or direct you can open a Revit file in Naviswork Software.

Try it. Best of luck!

Regards,

Subhradeep Sen

India

kolkata

Message 3 of 8
macz_chung
in reply to: subhra_civil

Hi Subhradeep,

Thank you for your reply. I will try it
Message 4 of 8
subhra_civil

Hi,

Ok. Thanks for your reply.

Subhradeep Sen

india

kolkata

Message 5 of 8
engr_mondo

Exported DWF file of views of plans and 3D will do. You can use DWF viewer for free or use IE to view DWF exported files.
Regards,

Mondo
Message 6 of 8
xSmiffyx

As Subhra_Civil posted a good way would be to use Navisworks. Many contractors are using this software, but you could also export the whole revit 3D model to dwfx format. This way you will be able to view the whole model cut sections etc in design review which you can download for free?

Hope that helps.

"Please Mark "accepted as solution" if this solved your question and give KUDOS"
Message 7 of 8
Archimedes314

If you feel comfortable navigating REVIT in front of a group, take a laptop with you and borrow a license from the server.  Or download a trial version to a laptop for a temporary fix.  You could also remote into your desktop as a last resort with Logmein, Gotomeeting, Teamviewer, etc.  If you go with NavisWorks, the 2014 version will read .RVT files and doing so brings through a lot more information - beam sizes, levels, grids, etc. 

Message 8 of 8
macz_chung

Dear all .

Thank you for your suggestion and replty. All information is very useful. I would like to asked  any member have used showcase2014 to present RVT file 's experience ? Because I want to compare Naviswork and Showcase. As I know Naviswork the main purpose for crash detection.
Is possible revit>suite workflows >showcase concept  modle to present ? which one is better?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report