Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

technology preview of Structure Generator for Revit on Autodesk Labs

43 REPLIES 43
Message 1 of 44
scott.sheppard
3636 Views, 43 Replies

technology preview of Structure Generator for Revit on Autodesk Labs

There is a new technology preview that 2012 users of Revit Architecture and Revit Structure users can try.

http://labs.autodesk.com/utilities/revit_structure_generator/

The technology preview that provides a connection between massing models and objects created during conceptual design and structural elements such as beams, column, walls, plates. With Project Structure Generator, structural engineers and architects, from the earliest stages, can very quickly create and visualize a physical and analytical model of a structure based on the massing model.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
43 REPLIES 43
Message 41 of 44
Pawel_Kociolek
in reply to: Romanich

Hi,

Structure Generator has just been published on Subscription Center. Functionality is generally the same as on Labs plus known bugs fixing and some support for arc lines.

Best regards

Paweł

Message 42 of 44
Gotzman
in reply to: Pawel_Kociolek

Hello, Paul
Our company introduces the Revit-Robot in the design. We work with Revit 2013 and Robot 2013. We design fairly complex architectural forms. Mesh structure of the metal. Create your hands in Revit data structures difficult, and even more difficult to assign a formative bearing elements. The portal subscriptions I have found a wonderful addition Structure Generator for Revit. I've experimented with it.

On youtube there is a video tutorial of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMBoeZEGezg

The question is when you create a form-not through the family, and through the project. Revit fails. What am I doing wrong? When submitting the form of the family all well.

That such a form having the most problems

As I understood the need to simplify the curved surface of the polygon and to work with each surface?

Will soon be available the opportunity to work with surfaces formed by ellipses and splines?
An error occurred while generating the grid on the composite ellipse. Is included.

Is there any guidance on how working with the Structure Generator.
The expansion will be developed? We really need the Structure Generator.
We are working with a complex architectural forms, can make a tester of the new version of Structure Generator.

where can I get a generator for Revita Structure in 2012 we had no computers at all in 2013 version?

Create an ellipse of the individual lines gave an error file is attached

Message 43 of 44
Gotzman
in reply to: Gotzman

Exceeded the maximum size of attachment files

the family file a form with which problems in the generation of

Message 44 of 44
Pawel_Kociolek
in reply to: Gotzman

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.

For the moment masses created directly in the project are not supported. They must be created as families and then imported to the project.

For the moment the best result can be achieved if curved lines are approximated with straight lines. Curved lines are partially supported in this release and we are working on improvements in this area.

Structure Generator was available on Revit Structure 2012 only on Labs version and now it is not possible to make a release version on it. So it will work with Revit 2013 and later versions.

Some guidance for work in Structure Generator is included in help attached to the program - if some important points are missing, please, let me know - we will update it.

I have shortly analysed your example with ellipse family.rfa - the error is due to exceeding the range of some internal data structures - for the moment maximum number of lines in contour is set to 100 - in your example it is more than 200. I will think about the solution for this.

Could you send me other examples which cause problems ? - you can use my email Pawel.Kociolek@autodesk.com

Best regards

Paweł

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report