Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tagging nested components in families

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
haydenwse
11858 Views, 4 Replies

Tagging nested components in families

I have created connection components that have other families nested in them.  I.e.. a bolt family nested into a plate family.  Is there any way to tag the nested component after it has been inserted into the project?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: haydenwse

You cannot Tag components that are nested within a Family, UNLESS that nested family is marked as Shared. While in the Family Editor for the nested family, go to Family Category are Parameters, and check the box for "Shared" at the bottom.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
sean
in reply to: CoreyDaun

So far so good.  Can anyone shed light on why the nested family disappears when the main family is loaded back into the building model?  And how to remedy this?

Message 4 of 5
sean
in reply to: sean

It was a visibility settings issue.  I had them set for the nested family to show on elevation, but not plan.  For some reason setting the nested family to 'shared' in the category settings changed the definitions for what view was what and I just had to redo the visibility settings in the nested family.  Probably has to do with the fact that the nested family is face-based.

Message 5 of 5
naleseFGVWC
in reply to: haydenwse

This doesn't help me. All of the components are "shared" and it's still not tab-able.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report