Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tagging beams in plan with reinforcement info

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
xp1
Explorer
491 Views, 6 Replies

Tagging beams in plan with reinforcement info

Now I know you can tag rebar in section views, but does anybody know how I might include the reinforcement information on plan? I think it should be possible, I mean the width and depth is taken from the same schedule that contains reinforcement details. I'm just having trouble accomplishing it. I've tried clicking a tag and editing the family, and from there editing the label and creating a new parameter, but then I get stuck playing with parameters and families. 

Please let me know if you've done this before or have some idea of what I can do. 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
xp1
Explorer
in reply to: xp1

Just wanted to bump once in case somebody hadn't seen it that might know an answer. 

Message 3 of 7
Max.Kotsar

Hi, xp1!

Can you show what you want in summary

Max Kotsar

Сообщение полезно - Проблема решена -
Message 4 of 7
xp1
Explorer
in reply to: Max.Kotsar

Absolutely, sorry for my post not being clear. Let's say I have the following schedule:

schedule.PNG

Once you tag a beam, Revit uses the schedule to draw beams accordingly, so it's accessing the second and third columns. You can even include the size on plan:

Beam with size.PNG

What I would like to do is create new structural framing tags that will access the columns beyond name and size, the reinforement, so that I can label beams in the following manner. Would anybody have an idea how to accomplish this?

Beam reinf on plan.PNG

Message 5 of 7
Max.Kotsar

Hi, xp1! 

Yes, it's possible. You can add custom shared parameter for beam family ("Reinforcement type", for example). Then you will need to add your shared parameter to structural framing tag. But in this case, "Reinforcement type" value will be input manually.

Max Kotsar

Сообщение полезно - Проблема решена -
Message 6 of 7
xp1
Explorer

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try it when I get the chance!

Message 7 of 7
xp1
Explorer

Do you think you could give a more detailed solution? I'm not quite sure how to follow your suggestions

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report