Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structural depth on a monolithic stair by sketch

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
stgauss
2031 Views, 1 Reply

Structural depth on a monolithic stair by sketch

Hello,

I have the following problem: I have a U type stair, but with an irregular landing. One of those landings that has 3 different heights on it. So in the end, I solved it by using a stair by sketch. I sketched the U-shaped boundaries, then the risers, problem solved.

Except, I'm trying to adjust the structural depth (the thickness of the concrete slab that forms the bottom of the stair). When I do a stair by component, no problem, I simply go into nosing profile and adjust the structural depth there. But on stairs by sketch, I can't find the structural depth anywhere on the properties. And I can't go into a profile edit mode (like with walls) so as to alter the sketch profile.

So, how do you adjust the structural depth when you're sketching stairs?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
stgauss
in reply to: stgauss

I got it to the depth I'm looking for by playing around with the stringer carriage height. When I set it to 200, my depth went to 200 which is what I needed. 

Did I just happen on the correct solution, or is there a better way to handle this? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report