Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structural connection schedule template in Assemblies

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
haydenwse
1363 Views, 14 Replies

Structural connection schedule template in Assemblies

In 2014 "Create Assembly Views" dialog there is a new button for "schedules". The default schedule only has "family type" and "count".  Is there a way to modify this template to build the schedules the way that I need them?

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
syria89
in reply to: haydenwse

well once you are on the schedule view, go to properties and click on field and add the field you want it

then once it is done save the template by leaving the schedule with it.

so next time when you open the updated template the schedule is already there

is that what you want

Message 3 of 15
haydenwse

I am not sure if I understand what you are saying.  It seems that you are talking about how to change an individual schedule but I am looking for a way to change the template so that each newly created schedule will have the correct fields and sorting options set. 

I need to create over 300 schedules (one for each assembly)and I don't when to have to edit each one of them.

Message 4 of 15
syria89

i have a feeling we cant make it, but let me see if there is a work around for it

Message 5 of 15
syria89
in reply to: syria89

there is no template for it

in electrical there is a template for a panel schedule but not for the assembly one

so for example you could creat 10 schedules for wall reinforcement with filter using describtion field as filter (you have a schedule named Wall inforcement01 you go to filter and select description: W1)

and when you create your first wall assembly you fillup the description field with W1 so it will go automatically to wall inforcement 01 schedule

it is just you need to creat a naming standards and everyone need to fallow it

other than that i dont think there is a direct way for it

Message 6 of 15
haydenwse

I timed the modifications that I need to make to the schedules for my assemblies. 

is consists of work.

Adding and removing the proper fields. 

Setting the filter settings to only show what is needed in the schedule.

Setting the sorting/grouping parameters.

Setting the formatting parameters.

Setting the appearance parameters.  (this is the only thing that is done by the view template)

It takes about 4 minutes to create, editing and place the schedule.  With 350 of them to do that is about 23 hours of work which should be done by editing the template that creates the schedule.  There is a template that sets the fields to "family and type" and "count".  There should be some way to change that!!!

Message 7 of 15
syria89

well once you created the first schedule you right click on your first schedule from the project browser then go to duplicate so it will creat you another schedule similare to the first one you just need to change the filter field

then once the project is finished you could save the revit file as a template

so you dont need to do it again

Message 8 of 15
haydenwse

Sorry but I don't think that will not work.  These are ASSEMBLY schedules not project schedules.  If I duplicate the schedule it will still just show the items that are in the assembly that it was created in.  That was the first thing that I tried.  I have not found any way to change a schedule to look at a different assembly from the one that it was created in.  It appears that all assembly views are assigned to a hardcoded workset of the assembly.

Message 9 of 15
syria89

Are we talking about any assembly scedule.?
I'll make a video tomorrow to show you how you make it
Message 10 of 15
haydenwse

This is all about assembly schedules.  I am providing precast concrete shop drawings.  This project has over 350 piece drawings which are each generated by assembly views.  All  of the embedded items and reinforcement are listed in assembly schedules for that specific assembly.  I have uploaded a Jing video that shows the assembly schedules I am creating. 

Go to http://screencast.com/t/NiUSWgjSj for video.

Message 11 of 15
syria89

the only easy work around i found where you could create schedules and reuse it for another project.

here is the video

http://screencast.com/t/0XlgIRHq

sorry no sounds cause i ididnt figure out how to turn on my microphone

check the video first then read the fallowing

if you want to use another field instead of comments, make sure it is an instance properties and not type

then you as much assembly schedule where you just need to find a standard naming in the comments field vs. your existaning assembly schedule

Message 12 of 15
haydenwse

Sorry but your response completely missed the point.  These are ASSEMBLY SCHEDULES not PROJECT SCHEDULES.  Look at the video that I sent. 

Message 13 of 15
syria89

well for example if you take the piece of assembly you showed in your video and

edit this assembly then

you select all the element in this assembly and in ``comments``  field you write for example A1 and save it

then you create a schedule the same way i showed you in the video with the field needed (mark, count, type, descritpion) and you add also (metrial, comment) and in the filter tab you fitler comment with the field A1, it wont give the same schedule that you showed in your video?

Message 14 of 15
haydenwse

I already use the comments for other tagging purposes so that will not work.  It is also a manual input and thus very error prone.  It appears that it is currently not possible to edit the assembly schedule template but this should be an easy programming change and should be added as a program enhancement.

Message 15 of 15
syria89

I did trouble shooting for all revit disipline and i realised that since revit mep is on the market autodesk is puting all the effort on mep

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report