Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structural columns join issues

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ruipfbarreiros
1601 Views, 2 Replies

Structural columns join issues

Hi,

I want my columns to be continuous from bottom to top, that is to say, not to be interrupted by slabs. For this, what I do is attach the top of the column to the slab and then offset the bottom of the next column.

The thing is, I then get a line between those 2 columns, as if they are not connected. In fact, I'm not able to use neither the join nor the unjoin commands on those two columns.

Is there any way to remove that line without manuallly using the linework command on each column?

Thanks 

---------------------------------------

Using Building Design Suite 2019
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
erik_snell
in reply to: ruipfbarreiros

I only have 2 options to provide, sorry. (1) add an opening to the floor so the column can freely pass through or (2) upgrade to 2014, which provides a tool to swap the join order so the column will cut the floor.

Autodesk Logo

Erik Snell, P.E.
Experience Design Architect
Autodesk Revit

I am an Autodesk employee and the opinions or commentary I provide are my own and not necessarily that of Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
ruipfbarreiros
in reply to: erik_snell

I'm actually using 2014 and as I told you I do know about the swap join tool. The thing is that I used the method of manually setting the base offset of the columns so that the coincide with the bottom column, and I should have attached both columns to the slab and then use the swap join tool.

Nevertheless, I can't get this tool to work everytime, I think it's a little bit buggy, don't you think? Sometimes I try to use the swap tool but it does nothing...

I've learned my lesson though...

Thanks

---------------------------------------

Using Building Design Suite 2019

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report