Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structural Beam - Joist cutbacks in Coarse view at Roof Ridge

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
deniko68
518 Views, 2 Replies

Structural Beam - Joist cutbacks in Coarse view at Roof Ridge

Gable roof..

I've created a named reference plane for each side of the beam ridge. Then I've created a ridge beam assigned to one of the sloped reference planes then cross section rotationed the ridge beam to make the beam plumb. I've then created a joist each side of the ridge beam. The joists either side of the ridge are then assigned to a different sloped reference plane for each side of the ridge. Now since the ridge beam is associated with one or the other reference plane, the joist assigned to the opposite reference plane does not give me a cutback since it's not assigned to the same sloped reference plane as the ridge beam. How do I do this to get the correct beam to joist cutback in the coarse view to print my structural framing plan to print correctly?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Are you trying to do a cutback like this one

joist.png

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 3 of 3
gguevarra
in reply to: deniko68

I would not model the ridge beam using one of the reference planes for the sloped gable roof planes. I'd model the beam on using it's own flat reference plane or at an established level. When creating the typical rafters (I used a beam system), I placed one of the boundaries as the side face of the ridge beam. Using this method I was able to have the auto-cutbacks show in coarse level in the roof plan.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report