Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steel PFC Beam - trim / remove intersecting portions

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
damo3
497 Views, 2 Replies

Steel PFC Beam - trim / remove intersecting portions

Any way I can achieve this?? Building designer, so thought I would ask the structural experts. Looking through the ribbons looking for the right tool with no luck. Help menu couldn't refine what I was after.

Picture is worth a thousand words.. 

Capture.JPG

It's not structural, just a facade detail. I am using the beam tool in this, but I may resort to a family for the junctions if I cannot achieve it more simply.

thanks in advance for any help.  

________________________________________________________________________________
If you find posts have solved your problem, please don't forget to mark them as 'SOLVED' to help others with similar questions. - Thank you.
__________________________________________________________________________________
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
awes
in reply to: damo3

There are currently not any specific tools for your case. Do you have any ideas how the structure will be manufactured and how the flanges exactly will meet.

There are several ways to choose from depending on what's your visual goal and whats tools the poor guy producing the structure has:).

a) Cut beam and post at hor and vert flanges - insert vertical plate or b) Let the four parts join at center lines (use disallow joins), draw a ref plane from corner to corner, cut ends using ref planes or ... Hope you can take a step forward.

Message 3 of 3
damo3
in reply to: awes

Its purely cosmetic, the elements aren't structural. So we imagine a lot of the work will be done on site. The PFC can all be square to the middle with a fill in piece as you have mentioned. This is how I may model it. Create a family for the middle and join the PFC . 

Ok well thanks for the suggestions anyway! 

________________________________________________________________________________
If you find posts have solved your problem, please don't forget to mark them as 'SOLVED' to help others with similar questions. - Thank you.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report