Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

special text

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
seferj
462 Views, 3 Replies

special text

How can I get my symbols for Diameter, Degree, Plate, Centerline. I used to be able to type a code to get these symbols to appear in ACAD. Can someone please help me with this.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: seferj

Use the Windows Character Map, find the symbol you want, and copy/paste into
your project, or find the ALT code and type it using the number pad.

wrote in message news:5421924@discussion.autodesk.com...
How can I get my symbols for Diameter, Degree, Plate, Centerline. I used to
be able to type a code to get these symbols to appear in ACAD. Can someone
please help me with this.
Message 3 of 4
Joe.Charpentier

The control codes used for shx fonts are not equivalent to the control codes for True type fonts. Also, remember that many of these special characters in the shx fonts (plate and centerline, for instance) are not standard in true type fonts. AutoCAD was providing WYSIWYG text back in the DOS days, long before there were widely used standards for these things. Therefore, Autodesk was free to create its own fonts and let users modify them as the wished. For better or for worse, Revit is a Windows program, and therefore uses true type.
If anyone knows of a true type font that includes these symbols, let us know....
Message 4 of 4
BrentS

Alt + 216 = dia symbol
Alt+ 176 = degree symbol

In revit under the drafting tab click 'symbol' then you can load centreline from there and also make your own plate symbol by duplicating and editing the centreline family

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report