Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sloped wall opening

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
DParkRMAK
3007 Views, 4 Replies

sloped wall opening

Hi, Revit structure 2013 -  I have several sloped walls that I created with the mass wall tool. I need to create openings in these walls so I created a void form in my mass object then created my walls. The void is created perpendicular to the face of the wall but when I create the wall the opening top and bottom is parallell with the floor plane. Is there a way to keep it from doing this? I need the hole to be perpendicular to the faces of the wall.

I tried to use the opening by face tool but I am unable to select the face of the sloped wall.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
lanl
in reply to: DParkRMAK

Hi DParkRMAK,

If you want to add an opening on the sloped wall, you can create another in-place wall component to cut the sloped wall:

1.Click “Home”- -“Component”- -“Model In Place”, set Family Category as Wall

2.Click “Void Forms”, create a void as the opening, before doing this, set the sloped wall face as Work Plane (Pick a plane)

3.After finishing the void, click “Modify”- -“Cut”- -“Cut Geometry”, select the sloped wall firstly, then select the void.

4.Click Finish

Or in step 2 in model in place editor, you can try click “Opening”, then select the sloped wall when asking to pick the host, then draw the opening, click Finish.

Thanks.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Lei Lan
Message 3 of 5
DParkRMAK
in reply to: lanl

Thanks, That did the trick. I had to do the same thing for the top of the wall because it also defaulted to parallel with the floor plane.

I had tried this solution before but what I was missing was selecting the object to be cut while I was in the model in place mode. I didn't think I was able to select other objects and it wouldn't let me create just a void. This should work with the rafter cut question I Posted before.

Thanks

Message 4 of 5
DParkRMAK

Why doesn't this same method work with beams?

With the wall I was able to select the wall to do the void cut while I was in the model in place space but with the same procedure I am unable to select beams.

Message 5 of 5
MKrickS4URW

Worked perfectly, Thanks

@lanl wrote:

Hi DParkRMAK,

If you want to add an opening on the sloped wall, you can create another in-place wall component to cut the sloped wall:

2.Click “Void Forms”, create a void as the opening, before doing this, set the sloped wall face as Work Plane (Pick a plane)

3.After finishing the void, click “Modify”- -“Cut”- -“Cut Geometry”, select the sloped wall firstly, then select the void.

4.Click Finish

Or in step 2 in model in place editor, you can try click “Opening”, then select the sloped wall when asking to pick the host, then draw the opening, click Finish.

Thanks.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

@lanl wrote:

Hi DParkRMAK,

4.Click Finish

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report