Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slab Edge on a Sloping Slab

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
dan.fisher
6232 Views, 11 Replies

Slab Edge on a Sloping Slab

I am trying to apply a thickened slab edge on the sloping side of a truck ramp slab.  I can successfully apply the slab edge to the horizontal edge of the truck dock slab and to other horizontal slabs.  But the sloping side of the slab cannot be selected.

I have tried setting the Work Plane to the top of the slab by going into a section view and picking the top edge of the slab, then switching back to the plan view.  Did nothing different. 

Surely there must be a way to work in the plane of the slab and apply slab edges and other features  such as  curbs.

Please enlighten me.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
stgauss
in reply to: dan.fisher

I once tried that, and had the same problem. In the end what I did was create a beam element with the shape of the slab edge, align it, and use the offsets to give it the required levels. Not the most elegant solution, but it worked in my case.
Message 3 of 12
dan.fisher

Thank you for offering your work around. In my case, I tried to set the ramp back to level to apply the slab edge then re-apply the slope. That also worked but may not be practical in some cases. I was thinking that there was a more elegant solution that I could not find.
Message 4 of 12
alex60

Hi all, of course there is other solution. Define a work plane on the side of the slab and draw a model line at the edge of the slab, then select the line for the thickened edge or slab edge. It will work.

Thanks, I hope this will help you. Alex
Message 5 of 12
dan.fisher
in reply to: alex60

Thnk you for another very good suggestion that I would never have thought to try.

Message 6 of 12
chrisplyler

I've achieved similar by:

1. Structure>Model>Component>Model In-Place.

2. Choose the Family Category of Structural Foundation.

3. Create a Sweep.

4. Pick Path (then choose your slab edge) and Finish Edit Mode.

5. Edit Profile (or Select Profile if you already have one for the slab edge you want) and turn on the work plane viewer to draw it in.

6. Set the sweep "material" to be Concrete, Cast-in-Place Gray.

7. Set the family "material for model behavior" to be Concrete.

8. Back out by closing each step with the green arrows on your ribbin.

9. Join your new edge to the slab that's hosting it.

I've been able to draw any sort of slab edge I've wanted this way, and have it attached to any crazy edge.

xtn

Message 7 of 12
chrisplyler
in reply to: chrisplyler

slab_edge.jpg

Message 8 of 12
muthomimunyua

Make the slab level, add the slab edge then put the slope back on. The slab edges will follow the slope slab.

Muthomi Munyua
Message 9 of 12
muleman1

I was struggling with same issue today and found this video, works farily easy and quick...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuyjvAHQUDw&t=1s

....How easy it is to acquire knowledge, yet how difficult and painstaking is the process of gaining wisdom. .... Chuck Swindoll
Message 10 of 12

Thanks to all. I facing same issue and found the solution here.

The problem was solved.

I used below solution.

"Make the slab level, add the slab edge then put the slope back on. The slab edges will follow the slope slab."

Message 11 of 12
rspeakmanDESA9

just use railing with profile, pick the floor as the host.. simple

Message 12 of 12
anusri.ms
in reply to: alex60

its worked for me. was struggling.. thank you ❤️

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report