Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slab edge joining problem

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
chad2472
16680 Views, 6 Replies

slab edge joining problem

Hi I am having problems getting a slab edge to join with a floor slab.

I have drawn in the floor then used the slab edge function to create a slab edge. I then used the join function to make them look as one object. The problem is that Revit 2011 won't removed the lines between the two objects

I have attached a screen capture showing what I am trying to do and it's not removing the lines circled in red.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Chad

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
lzaras1
in reply to: chad2472

check to make sure that the concrete material in both your slab and your slab edge are the same. 

Leanne Zaras, CDT, LEED AP
AutoCAD 2010 Certified Professional
Revit Architecture 2012 Certified Professional

Message 3 of 7
ISATyler
in reply to: lzaras1

They are the same material, but there is a sand layer under the slab and it separates the slab edge from the slab.  How to connect?

Message 4 of 7
ISATyler
in reply to: ISATyler

assembly screenshot

Message 5 of 7
brianp
in reply to: ISATyler

You would have to use 2 different floors, one for the slab and another one for the sand. The concrete floor and turned down slab edge have physically touch each other.  You can't use the vertical offset in the slab edge properties to bring them together either, it will just make the slab edge shorter.  The sand floor will need to have slab edge applied to as well so you can get the 45 degree edge to meet the turned down edge.  I copy the concrete floor to the same place and then edit the boundary and offset the distance needed.  After it is finished, I add the triangular slab edge with the same material as the sand floor.

Message 6 of 7
solvdesigns
in reply to: brianp

Just in case someone is still looking for a better solution, I believe the linked post describes how to achieve what the original poster was trying to do.

https://revitclinic.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/09/multiple-layer-slabs-and-slab-edges.html

Message 7 of 7
jesse3XL5G
in reply to: solvdesigns

I found that if you model a structural slab through the structure>floor tab then the structural slab edge will join to it, but that structural slab edge will not join the architectural floor. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report