Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slab Creation (Analytical slab)

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
sampath.kumar
1006 Views, 8 Replies

Slab Creation (Analytical slab)

hi ,

I am working on Revit-2013 to Robot interportability. I worked for couple of day and now I am able to export Columns, joist and joist girder to Robot successfully.

However Whenn it comes to Deck, if the 4 beam are in same elevation we can draw the deck to same elevation and  export the deck successfully. However when the beam are in different eleavtion ( I have copied .pdf FOR CLARITY) we can create the Deck to different elevation using edit mode but Analytical model for the same deck will not be alligned to this slope.

so can you please let me know the process of creation of slab (Analytical Slab) when we have four ends at differnt levels. I

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
PatrickEC
in reply to: sampath.kumar

Use Slope Arrow when creating a Structural Floor element. Your analytical floor will slope accordingly.

Message 3 of 9
erik_snell

The floor will automatically try to simplify the model an adjust to the level. The beams should do the same, so there may be a connection/join issue. If you want the floor to stay with the slope change the floor AM projection to the top/center/bottom of the floor.

Autodesk Logo

Erik Snell, P.E.
Experience Design Architect
Autodesk Revit

I am an Autodesk employee and the opinions or commentary I provide are my own and not necessarily that of Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 9
sampath.kumar
in reply to: PatrickEC

for the quick respond.

Slope arrow methode will worjk if it has two slopes. if slab has 4 difernt elevation at the the edges this methode will not work. our stores end bay will be sloped differently at 4 edges.

Message 5 of 9
PatrickEC

I am not sure what you mean by having four different elevations. Would you like to post a picture so that I can understand better?

Message 6 of 9
PatrickEC

I looked at the picture attached to your question. Remember that the Slope Arrow does not need to be parallel to the slab edges. Check out the attached model and see if this is what you need.

Message 7 of 9
Joe.Charpentier

Patrick,

I also thought of this, but doing what you show does not give him the correct elevations.  The reason why it doesn't is a complex 3-dimesional geometry problem.

As you (and others) have said, the analytical model will only slope if the slab is sloped by editing the sketch.  You cannot slope the slab using the Shape Edit tools and have the Analytical Model be sloped.  (this means that only a singly-sloping (planar) slab can have a sloped analytical model.)  If you use the slab Shape edit tools, the model will be projected to the floor’s host level.

In theory, you could create the slab in the picture using a slope arrow.   It has a constant pitch in both directions: ½” across the  short side, and 6 ½” along the long side.  However, this does not mean I pitches up in a constant slope directly from one corner to the other.  The actual direction you have to draw the slope arrow is a vector multiplication of the pitch (rise/run) in each “direction” along the slab

But it doesn’t stop there- you’d then have to figure out what the right elevations at the start and end of the slope arrow should be in order to push the far corner up to the right height- the actual height of the end of the arrow (from the low corner  pointing in some direction) would be a proportion of the difference in the height at the other side of the slab, as the arrow doesn’t go all the way to the high corner (because it doesn’t pitch directly from the low to the high corner).

So, the short answer is there is no easy way to do this in Revit.

Other things to remember:

As Erik said, check the vertical Projection parameter of the Slab/Floor Analytical model.  In the absence of any other elements to auto-detect to, the analytical model of the slab will project to the top of the physical model of the (non-shape-edited) slab.  However, if you want the analytical model to align with the top of the beams (that is, the bottom of the slab) you should set the vertical projection to the bottom of the slab.  To do this:

-Select the slab.

-Using the dropdown below the type selector, select the “Analytical Floor”.  (you can sip this step if you directly select the analytical model)

-In the Properties Palette, change the “Alignment Method” (Under “Analytical Alignment”) to “Projection”.

-Change the “Z-Projection” to “Bottom of Element”.

Joe

Message 8 of 9
sampath.kumar

hi,

I was trying the methode you had mentioned above (Sloped arrow) to create slab with analytical model to matche different heights in 4 different corners. but couldnt succed. slab is still floating. I have attached revit 2013 small model, it will be great if you could help in creating slab with analytical slab for the same. i have given 4 columns with different heights (10',10.5',11' & 11.5').

I was unable to open the model you had sent earlier i think because of the file is in revit2014. we are not yet upgraded to Revit2014. we ahave all the other version except 2014. so it will be great if you could resend the model in lower version.

Thanks for your time.

Sampath

Message 9 of 9

sorry i missed the attachement in the previous post. here I have attached the model for your reference.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report