Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketch Rebar Problem

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
GHASEM_ARIYANI
996 Views, 6 Replies

Sketch Rebar Problem

Hi

I've drawing foundation like the image below:

Rebar Problem-1.jpg

When the tool Sketch Rebar I drawing bar Hooks on the contrary they will be displayed Also drawing is the foundation upon.

Rebar Problem.jpg

Please advise how to solve this problem would ،I have an urgent need to find the answer.

Thanks so much to all.

Please use " Accept as Solution", and give kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

During the sketch operation, to change the direction of the hooks, there is a "cycle hooks" icon at each end of the sketch lines- click that to change direction.  One of the options as you cycle through will also remove the hooks completely.

Another way to remove hooks is to change the properties of the bar (in the Properties Palette) while editing the sketch- there is a property for start/end hooks.

Finally, the sketched rebar is created at the current workplane.  If you need to sketch it in the center of the foundation, set a workplane where you want the bar to appear.  Alternatively, you could move the bar to the correct location after sketching.

Hope this helps.

Joe

Message 3 of 7

Thanks for your help .It was so good .

But I have another problem ,I want Hooks to be low or high ,I set one of them could ,But this is not another one.

Rebar Problem-2.jpg

Please use " Accept as Solution", and give kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 7

You should only be allowed to set the hooks in-plane with the bar. (The bar can only be defined in two dimensions) 

If you need to create a bar with hooks out of plane, you can use the family editor and look into creating a "3d" rebar.  The out-of-plane segments won't be actual hooks, but you should be able to create the geometry you need.

Joe

Message 5 of 7

Thank you for your prompt response

But please explain more

I need this part of the beginning and end of Hooks up or down.

Message 6 of 7

Hi

Please check this problem ,If you can help to overcome this problem is,Foundations are not always neatly.

The beginning and end HOOks should be as shown:

Rebar.jpg

Message 7 of 7

HI,

FOR YOUR REBAR PROBLEM PLEASE USE "REBAR SHAPE BROWSER" FROM WHER YOU CAN GET THE REBAR SHAPE AS PER YOUR REQUIREMENT. IN STEAD OF THIS BROWSER YOU CAN SKETCH THE REBAR SHAPE AS PER YOUR REQUIREMENT. IN YOUR MASSAGE IN WHICH YOU HAVE DESCRIBED YOUR PROBLEB FOR BEGINNING AND END HOOK SHAPE, IT IS PRESENT IN "REBAR SHAPE BROWSER.

PLEASE TRY IT. HOPE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO RESOLVE YOUR PROBLEM.

THANKS & REGARDS,

SUBHRADEEP SEN

INDIA

KOLKATA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report