Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section Cut Offset from Section Line

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
alb01
1272 Views, 4 Replies

Section Cut Offset from Section Line

Hi,

I am trying to draw a section along the length of a strip found to show the steps. in order for the section to show the foundations hatched, i need to have the section marks within the line of the foundation. is there a way to offset the section marks from the foundation line but still have the hatching showing. similar to how a framing elevation allows the indicator line to be moved away from the elevation origin

Thanks,

Andy

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
awes
in reply to: alb01

Hmm .. you're trying to create a section that doesn't cut the foundation. Why not paint the surface (Modify ->Paint)?

Message 3 of 5
alb01
in reply to: awes

I am trying to get a section along the foundation (see attached plan) but i don't really want the section line where shown. i would prefer it where the elevation marker is. The ideal output would be similar to the section view. It may be that I will need to play with a surface pattern but I was hoping to avoid some extra work.

Message 4 of 5
Melnyk
in reply to: alb01

Hide the section line in view, then place a new section line at your preferred location referring back to the first one.
That is, when you place your new section line tick the 'Reference other view' box and select the required section.
Message 5 of 5
alb01
in reply to: Melnyk

this could be a usable workaround, thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report