Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Section callouts change type when referencing other view

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
DParkRMAK
1126 Views, 3 Replies

Section callouts change type when referencing other view

I am using Revit structure 2012.

Sometimes when I am creating a section and referencing another view the callout tag changes from a circle with arrow to just a circle and the tail is straight. I can change it back but what is making it do this. It is a real pain  when most of the sections I am making referance drafting views.

The proper callout is set in the section settings.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: DParkRMAK

I never had this problem using RST2012.  However, just 5 minutes ago I noticed the same issue in a RST2013 project that was started in RST2012.

I didn't place the section marks, but I noticed some that were not displayed as I'm used to seeing them.  They were referencing details drawn as Drafting Views (not live sections.)

I did change them back to our preferred styles, but I wonder if they're going to change again.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Not sure if this is exactly what you are talking about, but is it possible that the issue is with the original view that is being referenced. For example, if the original view was cut as a section (with a circle and triangle head), doesn't Revit change the subsequent views that reference that one to a section as well (with a circle and triangle head)? Now if the original view was cut as a detail (circle, no triangle head), subsequent views that reference it would be the same. Hope that makes sense...

Message 4 of 4
DParkRMAK
in reply to: Anonymous

This is a case of Revit remembering the settings defined the first time a section is cut in the project. I didn't realize there were separate view templates and settings for drafting views. I set up the section types before I placed the section for referencing a drafting view and now it defaults to the correct types. I guess I will have to check the template to make sure it is set up properly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report