Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same section view on different sheets

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
alb01
3392 Views, 5 Replies

Same section view on different sheets

Hi,

Does anyone know if it possible to have a section view on two different drawing sheets. I have a foundation and floor slab drawing that I want to show the same section on, but I would like them to update if the other changes. I have looked at using duplicate as dependant but cant seem to find the duplicate anywhere.

Thanks

Ok - think I got this sorted. I needed to remove the section view from the sheet first then create the duplicate view. I could then move the duplicate to the second sheet and replace the orig. view ontop the first sheet.  

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
P.Vlaar
in reply to: alb01

You can create multiple copies of a view that are dependent on the primary view. All copies, known as dependent views, remain synchronous with the primary view and all other dependent views, so that when view-specific changes (such as view scale and annotations) are made in one view, they are reflected in all views.

You've to Duplicate as Dependent, then the dependent views are listed below the primary view. you can use these views to place on your sheet. 

Its still possible to use the primary view.

You can use this for all kind of views (plan views, elevations or call outs.

Message 3 of 6
Seychellian
in reply to: P.Vlaar

What happens in the instance where i would like to have two versions of a section each which omit elements that the other highlights (i.e same position different content)?

Could I do this without making 2 separate sections and having 2 sections markers on the page?

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 6
km4504
in reply to: Seychellian

Duplicate with detailing and you can pick and chose what each will show have the same annotations if needed and you can have them named different cuts as well so you can have them on the same sheet.

Message 5 of 6
Seychellian
in reply to: km4504

Hi, i experimented with this.

When I duplicate the section I get a new section marker appearing (see attached) on the plans and I am forced to give the sections different names.

What I need is the same section with different information highlighted in each. 

2020-07-03 00_06_47-Autodesk Revit 2019.2 - [040a_Balabanov_MasterModel.rvt - Floor Plan_ Lvl.02 - F.png

Message 6 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: Seychellian

There are no same views with different information. You need to duplicate the view and hide the section mark that you want to hide.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report