Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rvit structure walls

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
fayforum
424 Views, 4 Replies

Rvit structure walls

hello 

i want to know if there is a possibility to calculate how many brick in a wall and how can create such type of wall

please can some one help me 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
lanl
in reply to: fayforum

Hi fayforum,

It is difficult to create such a wall directly with the Wall function in Revit. If you want to calculate how many brick in a wall, you can add a project parameter for the wall category "brick number per volume of wall",  set its value based on the brick style, and try to add a Calculated Value in wall schedule using formula (you can use parameter wall volume, or wall area, thickness, etc in formula) to get a rough number for the brick in the wal.

Thanks. 

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Lei Lan
Message 3 of 5
fayforum
in reply to: lanl

Thank you very much for your answer, please i'm beginner in revit and i hope you can explain me if you can in video please because its very important please help me

Message 4 of 5
awes

Hi ff, if you are looking for a quick solution:

- calculate manually the amount of bricks per area or volume

- select your wall and look in properties box the for the area or volume and do some multiplication

- if you have several walls create a wall schedule to get the total area and volume

As you see there can be several solutions depending on what you actually want to achieve. Have a nice time testing!

Message 5 of 5
lanl

Hi fayforum,

I created a short video to show the basic steps:

http://screencast.com/t/0daBgBMDZ

Note: in the video, I create a calculated value "brick number", and its formula is "(Volume/1/1/1)*brcik number per volume". I use Volume/1/1/1 is to delete the volume units, cause the brick number is a integer, it is unitless, otherwise, it will tell you inconsistent unit.

Thanks.  

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Lei Lan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report