Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotating wall with slanted top

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
545 Views, 5 Replies

Rotating wall with slanted top

Hello,

please see attached images. We are trying to model a drainge structure with wing walls. You can see in the second image that everything works out well using wall elements if we just create and rotate the wing wall. If we attempt to slant the top of the wall (image 2 and 3), we get a discontinuity with of the two walls as highlighted in image 3. Can you guys let us know what we are doing wrong, or how we can fix this?

Thanks in advance.
MBE.

Capture2.JPGCapture3.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
chrisplyler
in reply to: Anonymous

1. Get into the 3D view you have taken your screen captures in.

2. Right-click on the view cube and select "orient to plane."

3. In the dialog box, select "Pick a Plane" and click the Okay button.

4. Pick the outside face of the offending wall. This will rotate the 3D view normal to that wall.

5. Select the offending wall and click on the Edit Profile tool.

The profile outline turns pink. Notice that the upper right corner leaves a triangle protruding up above the other wall.

6. Use the draw tools (line) to make a new line flat across the top where that little offending triangle protrudes above the other wall.

7. Use the Trim/Extend-to-Corner tool to snip off the other two lines at your new line.

8. Finish Edit Profile mode by clicking on the green checkmark in the toolbar.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: chrisplyler

Thanks a lot. It works out nicely.

Message 4 of 6
chrisplyler

You are very welcome. If it solved your problem, please select my prior post as a solution.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: chrisplyler

How do I post its as a solution? I am new here.

Thanks.

Message 6 of 6
chrisplyler

I see you figured it out.

Anyway, welcome to the forums. I'm a self-taught Revit user. I have purchased books. I have watched many hours worth of youtube videos. And now I've found this forum. Just reading many threads has taught me new stuff already. Glad to have you too!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report