Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotate Generic Models

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
arnoud
9395 Views, 4 Replies

Rotate Generic Models

I'm trying to rotate a family (created as generic model) in the Z-axis in a project. I get the error: 'Can't rotate element into this position'. I tried to edit my family properties (work-plan bases and always vertical), because i know thought this was the problem. If i draw the same family as a mechanical equipment family instead of generic model, it is possible to rotate this in every axis......

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: arnoud

Can you attach your Family file? Also, what version of Revit are you using?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
arnoud
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I'm using Revit Structure 2015. I added the family in the attachment. Thanks!

Message 4 of 5
L.Maas
in reply to: arnoud

Different Revit categories behave (slightly) different. As you noted mechanical equipment has no problem rotating but generic has.

To be able to rotate your family you will have several options.

-Use a category like mechanical equipment. I believe Air Terminals, Cable Tray Fittings, Conduit Fittings, Duct Accessories, Duct Fittings, Pipe Accessories, and Pipe Fittings are other categories which also have this behaviour.

-Create a generic family and include rotation within the family.

-Make the family face based.

-Use generic and make sure it is workplane based. Place family on a workplane. When needed rotate the workplane.

Rotate Generic.png

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 5 of 5
arnoud
in reply to: L.Maas

Thanks! I needed to rotate the ref plane instead of the element in the project!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report