Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit to ADS and back

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
527 Views, 2 Replies

Revit to ADS and back

I see videos  showing how a Revit steel structure can be opened in Autocad Detailing System (ADS) and connections applied to various steel member joints.

Can that ADS file be exported back into Revit to show the connections in Revit, or is this a one-way trip.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi

I am currently using the extensions to export the revit model to ASD but after I created the connections they are not visible in Revit. Is there a setting that needs to be turned on or should I re-do all the connections I made in Revit by using the connections option under the extensions tab?

This doesn't make sense...

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

it's a one way trip, but there is a kind of workaround. It's possible to save the extensions as an acis solid. Thís creates an 3D dwg . Import this in your project. One problem...... You can't cut a dwg in realtime.. A workaround for this is.... Create a generic model.. Import the dwg. Load the generic model in your project. 

Btw export only yhe connections... Not the entire structure. 

Regards, 

Jordi

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report