Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Structure Tutorial

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Latvian
1244 Views, 10 Replies

Revit Structure Tutorial

Hi there.. I am totally new to Revit Structure. I am a Civil Engineer with interset in Structural Engineering.

I started to read the Revit Structure 2008 tutorial provided with the Free trial of the softwrare and at the begninng I faced a problem which is I can't find the example the tutorial talks about, which is an AutoCAD file that should be imported to Revit Structure and the rest of the tutorial depends on this example. The example's file name is:
m_RST_CSM_1.rvt

Any ideas suggestions ?

Any othere free sources or tutorials for learning Revit Structures ?

Thanx
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
wakorb
in reply to: Latvian

not the best place to get info but does help a little as a newbie.

http://cadclip.com/
Message 3 of 11
marcel.dubois

Thanks for the great question!

For the RST_2008 release, we have provided all files (datasets) required to complete each tutorial on the Autodesk website. Please follow the link (and instructions) to download and copy these files.

Website Link:
www.autodesk.com/revitstructure-documentation

Note: The files will be copied to the following folder on your local computer: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\RST 2008\Training\Imperial or Metric
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

From an earlier post (copied here)
Thanks for the great question!

For the RST_2008 release, we have provided all files required for the
tutorials on the Autodesk website. Please follow these simple instructions
to download and copy these files.

1) Access the NEW download page using the following link:
2) Under "Select a language", choose English.
3) follow the download instructions on the web page.

Note: The files will be copied to the following folder on your local
computer: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\RST
2008\Training\Imperial or Metric

wrote in message news:5684065@discussion.autodesk.com...
Hi there.. I am totally new to Revit Structure. I am a Civil Engineer with
interset in Structural Engineering.

I started to read the Revit Structure 2008 tutorial provided with the Free
trial of the softwrare and at the begninng I faced a problem which is I
can't find the example the tutorial talks about, which is an AutoCAD file
that should be imported to Revit Structure and the rest of the tutorial
depends on this example. The example's file name is:
m_RST_CSM_1.rvt

Any ideas suggestions ?

Any othere free sources or tutorials for learning Revit Structures ?

Thanx
Message 5 of 11
kassam84

I am running into the same problem in regards to the revit tutorial file "m_RST_CSM_1.rvt".

While I have no problem with the actual RVT file, the tutorial calls for the linking of a DWG file "m_STR-CSM_Level2.dwg"

I have downloaded all the datasets that are available on the aforementioned documentation website, however, the dwg files are still not there. The only dwg files that unzipped in metric were:
m_Wall_Import.dwg
m_Rail_Detail.dwg

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Message 6 of 11
varvasmartin

I have exactly the same problem. Can anyone help please? Maybe someone can share the files? Message was edited by: varvasmartin
Message 7 of 11
marcel.dubois

Thank you for your question, and good luck with Revit Structure!

This is a common problem since we moved our tutorial files to the web for RST_2008.

Go to Help->Tutorials and follow the instructions posted.

For the RST_2008 release, we have provided all files (datasets) required to complete each tutorial on the Autodesk website. Please follow the link (and instructions) to download and copy these files.

Website Link:

Note: The files will be copied to the following folder on your local computer: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\RST 2008\Training\Imperial or Metric
Message 8 of 11
varvasmartin

Hey!

Thanks for a fast reply. But the website www.autodesk.com/revitstructure-documentation
seems to be missing today. Nevertheless, I downloaded all the Metric datasets from there this Monday (4 days ago), but unfortunately the dwg files were not there. Maybe you can revise the content of the datasets?
Message 9 of 11
marcel.dubois

Thanks for the feedback. I will check with our web team to see what's going on. Yesterday, I was able to download all PDF and dataset files for RST-2008, but did not try RST4. Can you confirm that you are using RST_2008?
Message 10 of 11
Joe.Charpentier

The file that you are looking for ("m_STR-CSM_Level2.dwg") can be found on the install DVD, under the folder"ContentAll" in the file "TrainingFilesMetricStr.cab".

As far as I can tell, it is not in any of the 3 files on the download page (which is not working right now (March 20th) even though it worked yesterday,,,,)

Joe
Message 11 of 11
varvasmartin

Yes, I'm using RST 2008.

Fortunately the problem was smaller than I expected, because this file was needed only for one exercise and afterwards was already included in the following RST files. But it is still missing in the datasets that are available online.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report