Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit structure ifc export

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
milivojekrstanovic
893 Views, 3 Replies

Revit structure ifc export

I'm having problems with exporting my revit structure model to ifc.

I have adjusted the analytical model of the construction for the export, and now i want to export it to ifc so i can then import that .ifc file to structural analysis software.

My question here is about defining the ifc names, categories and subcategories in the ifc settings dialog box.

The question goes:

What categories i need to enable in ifc settings dialog box? Which names and types i need to assign to those categories in order to get my analytical model exported correctly to ifc?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
edwin
in reply to: milivojekrstanovic

This is likely a dead end. The files gets very large in my experience and usually crashes your structural analysis software. I would explore going the dxf export route, which unfortunately won't retain section information, end releases etc.

Message 3 of 4

Which analysis program do you want to use? There may be a more direct translator than IFC.

--
Kate Morrical
Digital Design Manager, Washington DC
BIMmuse.com
Message 4 of 4

Tower 6.0. It's a Serbian program. Ifc is the only way it can communicate with Revit. For now there hasn't been a sound solution for this. It may happen in the future.

Appreciate the effort, though.

Thanks for the reposts.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report