Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Structure for house design

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
autoMick
1872 Views, 2 Replies

Revit Structure for house design

Hi, I'm an Autocad and Civil3D user, but have never used Revit before.

I wish to do some detailed house design as a personal project and I have Revit Structure as part of my Infrastructure Design Suite (2014). I notice that Revit Structure has an "Architecture" tab and from what I can glean from various youtube videos is that it seems to have the more or less the same features as Revit Architecture. Is this correct?

Is there any reason that my version of the software wouldn't be able to do all the things that the Architecture version does for residential house design?

Thanks

- Mick

Civil3d user in Australia since 2012.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Joe.Charpentier
in reply to: autoMick

You can create almost anything in Revit Structure that you can in Revit Architecture.

There should be no problem modeling your house using Revit Structure.

I would start with an Architectural or Residential template, which should have more of the content you need.  (You can always load it into the structure file, but it's easier to start with the template.)

You can find them on the seek website:http://seek.autodesk.com/category/locale/USRevitArch/Imperial+Templates?locale=en-us&resetft=true

For a simple comparison of features in each “vertical”, see here:

http://blogs.rand.com/architectural/2010/11/what-s-the-difference-between-revit-architecture-structu...

Joe

Message 3 of 3
autoMick
in reply to: Joe.Charpentier

Thanks Joe, good to know. You've also answered my next question which was going to be about templates!

Regards

- Mick

Civil3d user in Australia since 2012.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report