Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Structure Extensions Not Showing Up

19 REPLIES 19
SOLVED
Message 1 of 20
BrianHailey
4880 Views, 19 Replies

Revit Structure Extensions Not Showing Up

Hello everyone. 

Before I explain my problem, please be gentle. I'm a civil engineer that has played around with Revit like two or three times. I primarily use Civil 3D.

With that being said, I heard that you can take Civil 3D surfaces into Revit using the Bridge Extension. I have the Infrastructure Design Suite Ultimate and that comes with Revit Structure. So I downloaded and installed the extensions from the subscription website. Nothing showed up in Revit after installing it (there should be an Extension tab on the ribbon, right?). I thought, perhaps I need to update Revit first so I installed the service pack. Still nothing.

I've searched the web and the discussion group without any solution.

Any ideas, thoughts, ponderances, solutions, answers...

And, please, use small words. As I said before, I'm very Revit ignorant.

Ribbon Screenshot

About

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
DarrenP
in reply to: BrianHailey

yes you are correct there should have been an extentions tab created in the ribbon

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 20
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

i would try to uninstall/reinstall the revit extentions

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 20
BrianHailey

I restarted the computer, uninstalled, restarted the computer, reinstalled, and still nothing. I shouldn't have to do anything after installing it other than launching Revit, right?

Could it have something to do with it being part of the Infrastructure Design Suite?

Another thing, when I initially installed it, I hadn't updated to the current update, could that be an issue?

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 5 of 20
DarrenP

I restarted the computer, uninstalled, restarted the computer, reinstalled, and still nothing. I shouldn't have to do anything after installing it other than launching Revit, right?

yes you shouldn't have to do anything else

Could it have something to do with it being part of the Infrastructure Design Suite?

i don't think so Revit Structure is Revit Structure with or without the suite i could be wrong

Another thing, when I initially installed it, I hadn't updated to the current update, could that be an issue?

don't think so the extentions doesn't require the latest update to be installed  it wouldn't hurt to install it anyway then try to install the the extensions again

i'll keep looking for more solutions

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 6 of 20
BrianHailey

I have the update installed. That's one of the first trouble shooting things I did.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 7 of 20

Do you see any files with the .addin extension in the folder:

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Revit\Addins\2013?

If not, look for one (or any of) the following files, depending on your flavor of Revit:

Autodesk.RevitExtensions.Revit.addin

Autodesk.RevitArchitectureExtensions.Revit.addin

Autodesk.RevitMEPExtensions.Revit.addin

Autodesk.RevitStructureExtensions.Revit.addin

Any Addin files found here will be applied for all users of the computer.

In addition, there are also addin files *per user* in:

C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Revit\Addins\2013

I would suggest moving any addin files to the location for all users.

Joe

Message 8 of 20

Here are the .addin files I see in the first location: HERE. Doesn't look as though any of those have to do with the extension. One is for Navis Works (I assume) and the other for Chronicle (a utility from LABS)

Additionally, there are no .addin files found in the user directory you specified. (C:\Users\bhailey\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Revit\Addins\2013).

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 9 of 20
DarrenP

@BrianHailey wrote:

Here are the .addin files I see in the first location: HERE. Doesn't look as though any of those have to do with the extension. One is for Navis Works (I assume)

the link doesn't work

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 10 of 20
DarrenP

nevermind

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 11 of 20
BrianHailey

You must have tried it just after I posted it. I noticed it didn't work as well so I fixed it. 

You're fast!

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 12 of 20
DarrenP

it doesn't seem to be installing the extenstions correctly on this machine

does the install work on other machines?

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 13 of 20
DarrenP

if it does you can try copying those .addin files from that machine to your machine

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 14 of 20
BrianHailey

Perhaps I got a bad download. I'll try again.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 15 of 20
Joe.Charpentier

There should be two downloads for the Extensions for r2013.  The second is marked "q3" and is the most recent.  Is that the one you are using?

You need to install the original release of the 2013 extensions and then the Q3 release.

Joe

Message 16 of 20

Aha! See, there was nothing there that said you need to install both of them so I just went with the latest one. I figured it was like a service pack, you only need the latest one (at least that's the way it is for Civil 3D). Downloading now. I'll let you know the results.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 17 of 20

@JOE-Charpentier wrote:

There should be two downloads for the Extensions for r2013.  The second is marked "q3" and is the most recent.  Is that the one you are using?

You need to install the original release of the 2013 extensions and then the Q3 release.

Joe

That was it! Thanks so much!

I hang my head in shame for not realizing this.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 18 of 20
DarrenP

i guess i should of started with the  easy questions first

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 19 of 20

Don't feel bad- the only reason I know this is I did it myself.

Sorry it took so long.

Joe

Message 20 of 20
heinnaingwin

Hi,

Do you using extension Civil 3D Surface to Revit is For what? I think you using for topo surface, thus why you can't find out from extension. You go and search topo robbin tap. I think is right.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report