Revit Structure

jmmeagher
Message 1 of 4 (877 Views)
Accepted Solution

Revit Structure Composite Beam Design Extensions

877 Views, 3 Replies
01-25-2012 02:46 PM

When I try to use the Composite Beam design extension for Revit Structure 2012 I get the following error:  "1 of the selected members were not recognized types and will not be designed".  I have tried this with all of my members and I get the same error.  I am using a simple W shape beam and can't seem to get past this error.

Thanks.  I actually realized that there was an update to the Revit Extensions and once I downloaded the new update it seems to have taken care of the issue.

Product Support
jad.dellel
Message 2 of 4 (862 Views)

Re: Revit Structure Composite Beam Design Extensions

01-27-2012 04:10 AM in reply to: jmmeagher

Hi,

The withepaper and the movie below should help you, if not please send us you rvt file for deep analysis

http://www.ideateinc.com/whitepapers/bim/autodeskrobot_revitstructure_whitepaper.pdf

http://students.autodesk.com/ama/orig/structural_eng_2011/assets/videos/Ex_4-1_COMPOSITE-BEAM.mp4

---------------------------------------------------------------

Jad DELLEL
Structural Engineering Support Autodesk, Inc.

jmmeagher
Message 3 of 4 (856 Views)

01-27-2012 05:34 AM in reply to: jmmeagher

Thanks.  I actually realized that there was an update to the Revit Extensions and once I downloaded the new update it seems to have taken care of the issue.

Product Support
jad.dellel
Message 4 of 4 (854 Views)

01-27-2012 05:57 AM in reply to: jmmeagher

Thanks for your feed-back

---------------------------------------------------------------

Jad DELLEL
Structural Engineering Support Autodesk, Inc.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!