Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit structure 2014 vs. Revit 2014

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
s_pelley
4724 Views, 8 Replies

Revit structure 2014 vs. Revit 2014

My office is considering the move to Revit. I am comparing Revit Structure 2014  to Revit 2014 (all in one) contained in the Building Design Suite.

I just need to confirm if the structural functionality in Revit 2014 is the same and as complete as the stand alone Revit Structure 2014.

Any insight would be appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
xSmiffyx
in reply to: s_pelley

Hi

As I understand it now you cannot buy revit as a stand alone pack. Instead you purchase as part of the Building Design Suite.

The revit will be the same and now incorporates Arch and MEP.

Hope that helps.

🙂
"Please Mark "accepted as solution" if this solved your question and give KUDOS"
Message 3 of 9

You can buy individual flavors of Revit separately, but Autodesk hasn't made it very cost-effective anymore. Check out the prices on the store: http://www.autodesk.com/store/all-products

If you buy the Building Design Suite Premium, you get all the flavors of Revit in one installation plus a whole bunch of other stuff (AutoCAD, Showcase, etc.)

From a user perspective, Revit 2014 and Revit Structure 2014 are practically indistinguishable.

--
Kate Morrical
Digital Design Manager, Washington DC
BIMmuse.com
Message 4 of 9
Archimedes314

The structural capabilities are the same.  I've run into this because our company is vacillating on which suite to buy next: Infrastructure, Plant, or Building.  Only Building Design Suite includes the full featured version of REVIT.  There are rare occasions where using the other tool palettes would be nice, cable tray routing from the Systems tab is a good example.

Message 5 of 9

Hmm, I hadn't realized that the other suites still had flavored Revit. FWIW, RS2013 includes an Architecture tab with at least the basics (doors, windows, roofs, curtain walls, etc.). Not much help if you're looking for the Systems tools, but I thought I'd point it out in case it helps someone else.

Of course, try-before-you-buy is always a good idea.
--
Kate Morrical
Digital Design Manager, Washington DC
BIMmuse.com
Message 6 of 9
deepakautodesk

Revit structure vs revit 2014 is same but revit 2014 is combo only

Message 7 of 9
chalabi2014

HI Sorry I interrupt the topic with very basic question , I am just looking for advices, I want to start somewhere in revit world, I am working in heating airconditioning field, trying to learn revit but all the courses available is Revit architecture, so is this the starting point to learn how to design and build piping and HVAC systems, I mean if I start with architecture I will be able to figure out the MEP side of revit by myself later on please advice , thanks in advance
Message 8 of 9
hgloghtn

Message 9 of 9
deepakautodesk
in reply to: hgloghtn

Dear Sir,

I  will need a autodesk Revit architecture & revit structure book if possible to download the old version 2014,2015,2016,2017 it possible through internet free downloaded

If you knows Link kindly share.

Regards,

Deepak.S,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report