Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Structure 2013, saving and syncronizing to central is slow!

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
679 Views, 0 Replies

Revit Structure 2013, saving and syncronizing to central is slow!

Hi everybody!

Since we have updated to the Building Design 2013 suite, we have been experiencing problems with saving and synchronizing our work. We have been trying all kinds of different settings to eliminate these problems but nothing seems to work for long.

We are currently 3 people working in the same model (Structural).

The Central file is around 185MB.

We are linking 3 models into the file. (Architectural, Ventilation and Installations)

When working in the model some processes seems to make Revit hang. Most often we get these problems when saving and synchronizing. It will then hang on “Regenerating 99%” for up to an hour. Sometimes Revit even crashes completely.

The weirdest thing is that one of our users does not experience any problems. If I am synchronizing for about half an hour, and it’s just sitting there, not moving from 99% (Or 60% or wherever it stops this time) and the user without problems starts to synchronize – he will just synchronize with no problems in less than a minute, and the from what we can tell on the “worksharing monitor”, reset my synchronization so that it starts all over again.

We cannot find any helpful information anywhere yet, so my question is: What could be wrong? And why does the problem not occur to all users.

Below I have posted some screendumps of the system working while trying to synchronize and of Revit not responding in a what we call it “Regenerating session”...

Performance

hanging_regenerating.JPG

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report