Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REVIT ORIGIN

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
AJA14
354 Views, 1 Reply

REVIT ORIGIN

Hi. I created a template and used it to create a project but have added so many during the project and want to save this project as a template. I have already made a save as, detached from central, and deleted the project leaving the layers and families and drafting views and title block as part of the template. But now I want to return the base point to the 0,0 because I moved it during the project. The problem is I can't find it. I am using shared coordinates.

How do I locate the origin in this case and is it enough to just change the coordinates back to 0,0.

Should the project coordinates be the origin.

I would appreciate any ideas.

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: AJA14

If you activate "Reveal Hidden Elements", you will be able to see the symbols illustrated below (which are overlapping in a normal project):

ProjectOrigin.JPG

You can find additional information in WikiHelp: Shared coordinates, Project base point and Survey point

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report