Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit LT 2014 UK Content

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
AJBuckers
961 Views, 6 Replies

Revit LT 2014 UK Content

Hi All,

I work in a structural engineering office and I've recently tried to use Revit LT 2014

When I've tried to place structural columns and beams into my project there does not seem to be any families for Universal Columns (UC), Universal Beams (UB) or Parallel flange channels (PFC) in either the structural columns or structural framing folders of the UK library. These are commonly used framing elements and I was surprised not to see them. Smiley Indifferent

I tried reinstalling the content using add/remove programs and it made no difference, I also found a 2011 revit structure UC column family on SEEK but when I loaded it I saw no option of picking which size of UC to load.

I'm not an expert in Revit but I have used full Revit Structure at my previous company and the above mentioned families were all included, plus when they were loaded you had the list of which sizes to include.

I've attached a screeen snip of the installed families I have at my disposal

Is Revit LT fundamentally different in this respect or is my installation not complete? Or am I looking in completely the wrong place? Smiley LOL

Any advice/help on this would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

Adam

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
AJBuckers
in reply to: AJBuckers

Bump...

Our company is going to start using Revit this year and I've still had no luck with finding the UC and UB families for Revit LT 2014. I've reinstalled so many times and no luck.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I've attached the families in the structural framing folder, as you can see no UC or UB families.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 7
david.painter

I'm in the same position.

Message 4 of 7
RDAOU

@AJBuckers @david.painter LT is supposed to be light I guess...Can you try if these work? See attached

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 5 of 7
david.painter
in reply to: RDAOU

Many thanks RDAOU.

David.

Message 6 of 7
RDAOU
in reply to: david.painter

Try them out @david.painter before you thank me...

If they work and you can load and work with on LT; then start a new post with Subject: BS Structural Library for LT and I can zip and up load for you the rest

Chears

RDA

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 7 of 7

Revit LT is not meant for Structural Design, yes there are tools for placing columns and beams but you would need full Revit to get the full libraries and other structural tools. (e.g. Reinforcement)

Revit LT should be considered as Revit Architecture LT

AJ.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report