Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

revit for the first time - error

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
MKH-VB
452 Views, 7 Replies

revit for the first time - error

Just loaded revit this week, and today I finally get to try to use it. I've been watching lots of vidios and looking thru a book. Today, I keep getting the error "none of the create elements are visible in plan". All i am trying to do is draw a simple square with walls. It worked earlier today, but now, even when I start a new project, the first thing i do is draw walls, and get this error. Can someone point me in the right direction why this might be happening?

mkh
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
conormccartney3897
in reply to: MKH-VB

a few things to check: can you see them in a 3D view? are the extents before placing correct? (usually the default has one of the levels your working on) are the elements hidden in view? (either by category thru VG, or by element, click the lightbulb) And finally, check worksets, are you on teh correct workset for your view, and is that workset open and visible in that view.
Message 3 of 8
MKH-VB
in reply to: conormccartney3897

one thing i just noticed. It is working when i select wall from the structure tab, but not from the architectural tab. Any idea why?

mkh
Message 4 of 8
conormccartney3897

Well that would do it. Obvious answer, because its revit structure, technical answer, no clue! I just confirmed same results using a a structural wall. So it could be because you have no non-load bearing ("architectural") wall types defined, although i have no idea what would qualify as that.
Message 5 of 8
conormccartney3897

and foot in mouth, ignore the previous post, just figured it out, its because your view Discipline is set to Structural, so it doesn't show Architectural elements. So to find any pesky Arch walls that may be lingering, change Discipline to Arch then delete, and generally speaking, as i work for a Structural Engineer, i never use anything on the Arch tab (stair is about it).
Message 6 of 8
MKH-VB

when I look at visibility/graphics, I have structural and architectural both selected.

mkh
Message 7 of 8
conormccartney3897

Not in VG, in plan view, with nothing selected, in the properties palette, there's a Discipline setting (under Graphics heading). Sorry I cannot post screen of this right now.
Message 8 of 8
MKH-VB

bingo! That did it.
mkh

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report