Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Crashes when Creating Sections

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
AJA14
1062 Views, 4 Replies

Revit Crashes when Creating Sections

Hi. We have a large project (Tower) that is workshared by 2 BIM operators. Now we are at the stage of reinforcing the tower and the file has become quire large (95 MB). Whenever we create a section revit crashes. What is weird is that this does not happen for all sections. You could do a horizontal section and nothing happens, and then do a vertical section and a fatal error occurs or vice versa. I tried it on several different computers by creating locals, detaching from central, auditing, but still the same results. Any ideas on what to do. Regards.

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
VWD-MLM
in reply to: AJA14

1st, could please explain what you mean by 'horizontal' and 'vertical' sections?  do you mean H & V in Plan, or in a Model View like and Elevation or Previous Secitons.

Mike

Michael L. Maloney
Virtual World Designs
VDC & BIM Model Design, Clash & Coordination
mike@VirtualWorldDesigns.com
BDSU 2015, 2016
Charlotte, NC ; Fort Mill, SC
Message 3 of 5
AJA14
in reply to: VWD-MLM

Yes I meant in plan. I was just trying to point out that the fatal error doesn't happen for a specific section passing through a specific part of the tower. It could just happen anywhere. However, we are working around this by copying sections and rotating and stretching them. Any ideas.

Ali Al-Hammoud
Message 4 of 5
VWD-MLM
in reply to: AJA14

Ok, at what point does the crash occur..........By that I mean at what 'step' does it occur, and does it give any errors messages?  Also, you don't state what, if any, or how many links into you model you have.

Mike

Michael L. Maloney
Virtual World Designs
VDC & BIM Model Design, Clash & Coordination
mike@VirtualWorldDesigns.com
BDSU 2015, 2016
Charlotte, NC ; Fort Mill, SC
Message 5 of 5
AJA14
in reply to: VWD-MLM

After creating the section and drawing it, the status bar says generating graphics, at around 5 or 6 % the crash occurs. when it does, it simply says fatal error (refer to image). If it reaches 8 to 9 % without crashing, then the section is generated normally and nothing happens. There are no links in the model.Crash.png

Ali Al-Hammoud

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report