Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Construction drawings

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
JohnHolder
731 Views, 3 Replies

Revit Construction drawings

I am trying Revit structure out a bit more.

Currently I am using it for plan view drawings detailing where all the equipment is going - Tanks and biofilters ( I design land based aquaculture systems )

I have all the drawings done in Plant 3D, and the building roughed out in Structure.

I linked all the Plant 3D drawings into Revit structure - the layout looks great.

I experimented with seciton views, but I am having some issues with that, it shows up 2d wireframe.  Is there anyway to have it look more like an ortho drawing from Plant 3d?

John.

An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't.
-------------------------------------
"Do or do not... there is no try"
Master Yoda.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Bob_Zurunkle
in reply to: JohnHolder

The shortcut KS should bring up the list of shortcut keys (ironic isn't it) -- however AFAIK they don't stay up. WF is for wireframe; HL is for hidden line; SD is for shaded. Also, ZF is for zoom to fit, etc...

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 3 of 4
JohnHolder
in reply to: Bob_Zurunkle

Yeah that did help.  still not as clean as orthos in plant 3d, but it gives me another option to play with!

thanks

John.

An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't.
-------------------------------------
"Do or do not... there is no try"
Master Yoda.
Message 4 of 4

You can make a new 3d view  and enable the Section Box through the Properties Palette.  You can then drag the section box to show whatever section of the building\piping\structure you want, and then rotate the view to the ortho angle you'd like to view it from.

Lock the view direction (on the view control bar) and you will then be able to annotate your 3d ortho view.

(BTW, the hidden\wireframe\shaded control that Bob mentions can also be found on the view control bar, as well as using keyboard shortcuts)

Joe 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report