Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit and AutoCAD Structural Detailing workflow

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
acardoso
1128 Views, 0 Replies

Revit and AutoCAD Structural Detailing workflow

Hello all,

I'm confused. About half an year ago, I got to make structural connections with AutoCAD Structural Detailing 2014, using an *.RVT model that came from Revit 2014. This is not difficult. ASD has many tools and options to make these connections. And Revit Extensions exist to achieve this, but aren't working anymore. I used the following workflow:

- Made a simple steel model with Revit (2 structural columns and a beam);

- Sent the model to ASD, using Revit Extensions (Steel Detailing Link);

- In ASD 2014 I made a simple structural connection, using one of the columns and the beam;

- Back in Revit, I used this same extension to Update Revit model. The general idea was to get to Revit the ASD structural connections I made earlier.

This worked fine, at least in some (random?) cases. Revit imported these elements, which became available in Project Browser (Structural Connections category).

The problem is that in release 2015 (honestly this is not working also in release 2014 anymore) this workflow seems to have stopped working. How can this be explained? It worked six months ago. I'm sure of this, even Autodesk Support says it's not supported...

Any ideas? Anyone got this results yet?

Thanks to all

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report