Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2015 is reading the wrong video driver

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
AmbroseEngineering
2787 Views, 4 Replies

Revit 2015 is reading the wrong video driver

Dell Precision Mobile Workstation M4600, NVIDIA K1000M video card, 16GB RAM, Windows 7 Professional. Revit 2015 reading the video card driver several steps below installed (I installed the certified driver after installing Revit 2015). Attaschments show the system reading and the Revit 2015 reading.

Tried to uninstall the video driver and then install the recommended one, with all required restarts, etc. - did not work.

What steps are needed to make Revit 2015 recognize the installed driver?

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

If you are, indeed, using the certified driver (which it appears that you are) then you can ignore any warning you receive in the applications graphics card properties.  Since you are running the software with all graphic features fully enabled, you are good to go.  The warning box is just a notification and is only run by a simple XML file, so it is not actually inhibiting anything.  What you are likely experiencing is just an anomaly.  Autodesk certifies certain drivers, but the general consensus is that all WHQL certified drivers are acceptable anyway.  This type of issue used to be more prominent years ago, but I can assure you that you are fine. 

My only recommendation for mobile cards is that you disable any Optimus BIOS setting for the onboard graphics card (if applicable) and that when you install your driver, you do so by checking the clean installation box.  I have outlined the best practices in my Disable Optimus link in my signature.  Hope that helps. 

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Hardware/Disabling-nVidia-Optimus-amp-Perform-Clean-Install/td-p/43632...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5

Thank you! Should I then disable hardware acceleration in the Graphics option for Revit 2015 and let the video driver handle it, or just leave everything as is?

Thank you again,

Yury Shafir

Message 4 of 5

Since you are using the certified driver, hardware acceleration should work as expected - regardless of what the Autodesk xml file is reporting.  You might as well leave it on until you experience issues.  Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 5
gregamhale
in reply to: TravisNave

You may also want to look at your NVIDIA Control Panel.  You can make sure that Revit is using the NVIDIA Driver instead of the on-board graphics.  I've seen this happen with a couple of other programs where it defaulted to the on-board graphics.

Look in the "Manage 3D Settings" in the NVIDIA Control Panel and look at the "Program Settings" tab.  Then tell Revit to use the "High Performance NVIDIA Processor."

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report