Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2014 Service Pack 2

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
ukdxb012
2793 Views, 8 Replies

Revit 2014 Service Pack 2

Hi,

Has anyone else experienced a dialog box in Revit 2014 that pops up randomly...

One of our users is currently testing Service Pack 2 for Revit 2014 and he keeps getting a "Revit 2014" update box saying "Please wait while Windows configures Revit 2014" while he is actually using Revit 2014.

Does anyone know what this is and what it's doing?

It would seem that the progress bar completes at least 3 times before it disappears but what is it for and what is it configuring?

Regards,

Duncan

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
DannyHubbard
in reply to: ukdxb012

Duncan,

This typically indicates that something isn't installed correctly or at least Windows thinks something isn't installed correctly.

Go to the windows Event Viewer, under Windows Logs go to Applications look for MSIINSTALLER records for around the time the user is seeing this install dialog, this will indicate the product the installer is trying to fix. Probably best to just uninstall and reinstall the product.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 9
ukdxb012
in reply to: DannyHubbard

Hi Danny,

Thanks for the response.

Literally just today I have actually tried what you suggested and so far so good however, why or how could this happen when I personally did the install on the users machine with no issues and it reported in ARP that it had been installed successfully for both myself and the user in both profiles.

Also, if it keeps persisting to try and install but appears to complete, why does it keep on trying every hour or so?

The reason i raised this is because i dont want to push out SP2 via automated delivery if the chances are all our Revit users will experience the same issue... unfortunately uninstalling Revit with SP1 and reinstalling with SP2 is alot of work particularly once its been previously deployed.

Regards,

Duncan

Duncan Brannan
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 4 of 9
DannyHubbard

Duncan,

What ever the error or problem is the microsoft installer keeps finding the problem and trying to fix it, thats why you always see the installer when starting Revit or running certain commands.

Have you tried more than one system there with the service pack, if so did all the systems have the same problem?

According to Event Viewer what product kept trying to install itself?

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 9
ukdxb012

Hi Danny,

Looks like the issue has now been resolved but i still dont know how this could have happened...

FYI... we had only pushed out the update to 2 machines, one was fine but the other wasn't.

Regards,

Duncan

Duncan Brannan
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 6 of 9
tfinger18

Hi there,

Seems we've been getting the same problem.  We've installed the update to three of our machines.  Two are having the problem, the other one is fine.  It may be related to administrator rights as Revit possibly cannot finish the user side of the install because the user does not have admin rights.   We have not confirmed this and its only a theory at the moment.  It seems to sometimes work and finish the user end of the install sometimes.  Try ending the MSI installer process through task manager as this sometimes pushes the install through when it gets hung up. (caution as it can also crash revit).  

Message 7 of 9
svalenta

In my office we resolved this by un-installing Revit Extensions and then re-installing them.

Message 8 of 9
BrianEddie2985
in reply to: svalenta

April 29, 2014

Having the same problem - seems to be caused by DReinfColumn in Revit 2014 Extensions.

The program has been " Configuring Revit 2014 at least once - three times a day since I loaded Service pack 2.

Occasionly getiing a "Fatal Error" followed by a crash.

Also Windows had updated  to ".NET Framework 4.5.1" - No problem with 4.0

I have repaired Revit twice from the control panel, on advise from Autodesk I deleted the Extensions.

I started the project that I was working on and  got a very LARGE list of errors based on use of "Revit Extensions"

I have not knowingly used any - especially any thing to do with column reinforcing.

If the extension are going to be used in the backgorund of drawings, then WHY do we have to load them seperately.

I am reloading the extensions and hope that solves my drawing problem for now.

Hope somebody can fix this soon

Message 9 of 9
ukdxb012

We are still getting this issue and the list seems to be growing day by day... Haven't pin pointed the problem or how to resolve for definate as have tried too many things at once so its hard to determine what fixed it.

Things I tried were:

• Repair/Reinstall in User Profile as Administrator
  • Reinstall SP2 in User and Admin profiles
  • Repair/Reinstall in Admin profile
  • Clean uninstall and reinstall of Revit 2014 with all addons/extensions (Including Revit Extensions)

One of them does fix the issue but i cannot remember which one it was.

Would appear there could be a conflict between Revit 2014 SP2 and Revit Extensions. If i recall correctly, in older versions of Revit, when an Update was released, there was generally an update to the extensions as well. Dont think this happened with Revit 2014 SP2, unless i missed it.

Regards,

Duncan Brannan
Twitter | LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report