Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2013 Service Update 3 wont install

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
lzaras_WGPM
466 Views, 3 Replies

Revit 2013 Service Update 3 wont install

I downloaded and tried to install the Service Update 3 for Revit 2013.  The "Gathering Information" seemed to take too long so I went to Task Manager and ended the process.  Now, when I try to run the install again I get the error message:

"A problem prevented the Update Release from being installed.  Contact your system administrator.  Error Code: 1618"

Is there anything I can do to get this update installed?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Error code 1618 indicates that another installation is already in progress.  In this case, it is most likely your first attempt to install update release 3.  At this point my recommendation would be to reboot your system, which will stop any installations that are still considered active.  After the system is rebooted, I would also delete the content of the Windows temp folder, which can be accessed by typing %temp% in the Windows Explorer address bar.  From there you should be able to run the update release 3 installer again.

Tony Michniewicz

Autodesk Revit QA

Tony Michniewicz
Revit Software QA Analyst
Message 3 of 4

Thanks Tony, for the suggestion(s).

I rebooted my machine, cleaned the temp folder and ran the update again.  Now, I'm getting the dialog box that says I need the Revit 2013 disk (or browse to a folder with RVT2013.msi)   Then, I get an error 1603.

I don't recall having issues like this when installing updates before.

ETA:  Even more disturbing, my program no longer runs!  My Revit icons (desktop and Start menu) gave an error that they no longer are associated with any program.  Looking in Program Files > Autodesk > Revit 2013, I cannot find an .exe that will start Revit!  (... still looking for something that will get the program to run...)

Message 4 of 4
lzaras_WGPM
in reply to: lzaras_WGPM

Hi All, 

I ended up doing a re-install of Revit 2013.  Once re-installed, I ran the Service Update 3 and was successful.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report