Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rendering is Overheating CPU

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
eurobass
668 Views, 5 Replies

Rendering is Overheating CPU

Hello!

I have a little problem. I've been trying to do renderings to display in our office. When I try to render my structural framing at best quality at 300PDPI get the "blue screen of death" after about 10 minutes or so.

I took a look at my task manager and while I'm rendering, my 3.2Ghtz Dual Core Processors are both running at 100%. I'm assuming my computer is crashing due to an overheating of the processors. Is there a way to tell revit to only utilize one processor during the rendering process?

Thanks!

Daniel
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Joe.Charpentier
in reply to: eurobass

I don't think there's a way to do that. In fact, I wouldn't be suprised if most users wanted both cores working on rendering in order to get the rendering done faster.

If I were you, I'd invest in a better cooling system (if, in fact, your diagnosis is correct) There are utilities out there to tell you what your CPU temp is.
Take the cover of your PC and point a fan at it- that should work 😉
Message 3 of 6
KSI_Thor

Rather than trying to render through Revit, I would sugest rendering through Navisworks! I've been able to get some pretty good almost photo like shots and it doesn't crash your system.
Message 4 of 6
Joe.Charpentier

Is Revit Crashing, or is your whole system crashing?

Are you getting the Blue Screen of Death? Is your computer just shutting down?

Maybe you could attach a journal from a failed rendering- that might have som clues as to what's going on.

Joe
Message 5 of 6
eurobass

I get the blue screen of death. In my experience, that seems to happen when a piece of my hardware is overheating. I don't think a journal is created.

:/
Message 6 of 6
Joe.Charpentier

Well, a journal will be created up to the point where your computer crashes.

I suspect that you're right about the hardware issue, though.
If you can dig up a journal, please post it.

Joe

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report