Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebar Tags

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
stewartg
3624 Views, 4 Replies

Rebar Tags

Hi - I'm just starting to annotate my rebar on the sections, and I think I will be posting in here a lot.

To start with I'm using UK standards. I don't know if it is different elsewhere.

I want to tag 2 links in pairs.

I wouls like the text to look like:

24H12-01-250

24H12-02-250

Links

Instead I get 2 separate Tags saying somethink like

24H12 -02 -250mm

Links

Is there any way of elevating a beam and combining the 2 tags?

How can I get rid of the spaces in the middle?

And the "mm" at the end of the Tag?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jachyme
in reply to: stewartg

Hi, it would be good if you attach a small sample file to see exactly what you are doing.

There are some enhancements in rebar tagging but I need to check if they are sufficient to your case.

Ewa Jachym

Principal User Experience Designer

Message 3 of 5
stewartg
in reply to: jachyme

Hi Jachyme - Hope these screen dump's are good enough for you.

The Bar Marks 04, 05 and 06 are Annotation Text in the style I use in Autocad.

The Bar Marks 01, 02 and 03 are Rebar Tags.

03 is ok, although I would like to get rid of the spaces.

01 and 02 are links in pairs and I would like to combine them into a single tag. But I don't think that is possible. It's the "mm" at the end I would most like to get gid of.

I've also attached a copy of my Rebar Tag Family, I don't know if this will be of any use.

Stewart

Message 4 of 5
jachyme
in reply to: stewartg

Hi, to get rid of "mm" just to go to Manage panel/Project Units find a sufficient unit and then set Unit symbol to "none"

Unfortunately you can't add a one Tag for 01 and 02. If you think it is important polease give us e few sample of different use cases.

Did you try MRA (Multi Rebar Annotation) for annotating rebar set ? Last position on Tag panel on Ribbon.

MRA works for rebar in rebar set and also for many single rebar but in view perpendicular to position of your 01 and 02. If these are stirrups in a beam you can use MRA for them but in the south view of this beam for instance.

Regards

Ewa Jachym

Principal User Experience Designer

Message 5 of 5
stewartg
in reply to: jachyme

Thanks Jackyme - I've got rid of the "mm" which was the main gripe

I did try MRA but could not get it to work.

I think it is important to group bars together in one callout eg "U Bars in Pairs" "Corner Bars" "Links in Pairs" or any position where there are multiple bars over exactly the same distance.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report