Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebar snapping to wrong cover line

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
stewartg
960 Views, 7 Replies

Rebar snapping to wrong cover line

Hi Again - This is getting to a question every day.

On the attached image the bar mark (02) is drawn to the correct dimensions and hosted in the ground beam, however it needs moving a few millimetres to the left.

If I try to move it, it will resize itself so that the right hand side does not move, although the left hand side does. The Right hand side is snapping to the cover line of the floor slab.

If I try to move it a bit further, then the left hand side snaps to the left hand floor slab.

Is there a way of stopping the link from snapping to the wrong member?

In this case both floor slabs span in the same direction, so I think I can combine them. But I have this detail all over the building, and not all slabs span the same way.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
stewartg
in reply to: stewartg

Another fault related to my last post.

Attached is a screen capture from my bending schedule.

Note the link that I could not place on my last post (Bar mark 02). With a correct total length on Beams 1 and 2. But 25mm too short on beam 4. Even though all the dimensions are the same!

Message 3 of 8
jachyme

Hi, maybe for 02 in beam4 you changed rounding overrides. 

Ewa Jachym

Principal User Experience Designer

Message 4 of 8
jachyme

Hi, in case you have here it could be hard to get what you need manually. There is many constrains between rebar segments and hosts faces. If you use Constraints Manager it might be a litle bit easier. If you constrain rebar segments as "Constant offset" it will follow every host change. 

Ewa Jachym

Message 5 of 8
stewartg
in reply to: jachyme

Good idea. I'm new to rebar in Revit and never thought about that.

Message 6 of 8
jachyme

In help file you should be able to find more details how to use Constraints Manager

Ewa Jachym

Message 7 of 8
stewartg

For the bar length I had picked different hooks at end.

Message 8 of 8
stewartg

Yep constarints are the answer to snapping to wrong cover line. But took a bit of working out.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report